PHP 5.5 is dead
Which means that since version 5.6.25 and version 7.0.10 have been released, some security vulnerabilities are not, and won't be, fixed by the PHP project.
To keep a secure installation, the upgrade to a maintained version is strongly recommended:
- PHP 5.6 is in active support mode, and will be maintained until December 2018.
- PHP 7.0 is in active support mode, and will be maintained until December 2018.
- PHP 7.1 is in under development, in stabilization phase (Release Candidate) and should be released as stable quite soon.
- PHP Supported versions
- Migration guide from PHP 5.5.x to PHP 5.6.x
- Migration guide from PHP 5.6.x to PHP 7.0.x
- Migration guide from PHP 7.0.x to PHP 7.1.x
However, given the very important number of downloads by the users of my repository (~20%) the version is still available in remi repository for Enterprise Linux (RHEL, CentOS...) and Fedora (Software Collections) and includes the latest security fix.
Warning : this is a best effort action, depending of my spare time, without any warranty, only to give users more time to migrate. This can only be temporary, and upgrade must be the priority.
Version 5.5.38-2 includes fix backported from 5.6.25.
Base packages (php)
Software Collections (php55)